Wednesday, June 11, 2008

lessons and questions

As I started reading my daily Sunday School lesson yesterday it started off like this......."There may be no greater pain on earth than that which comes with the death of a loved one." Right then I wanted to put the lesson down. Immediately my heart started to hurt. I went on reading the next 2 paragraphs even though I really didn't want to.

When we lose a loved one weather it be a parent, grandparent, a child, a spouse or a dear friend, we all will grieve. We hurt and ache. We grieve over the unfulfilled goals, dreams, and desires that we have in this life because of that loved one being gone. It is like this is because death is so final.

We would think it would be different or that the pain might be less for those of us who are born again believers in Jesus Christ. The only difference is is that we know that our saved loved one is a far better place and that one sweet day we will see them again in Heaven. That does not lessen the hurt, aches, loneliness, and pains that we are going through and will go through while we are still here on earth. We know that we will never see that person again in this life and we will miss them terribly.
The scriptures are provided to help us grow and to learn to lean on HIM. I Thess 4:13 says..."don't grieve as do the rest who have no hope". See, we have the hope that HE will take care of us and that He has a mighty plan on store for our lives. One day we will see all of our loved ones again in Heaven that have a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

There is nothing at all wrong with allowing ourselves to feel pain when we have lost a loved one. If we didn't then there would be something wrong. When we know Jesus Christ we know that he is there in the mist of the storm and that he cares there will be an element of trust and joy in our tears. HE will keep every promise to us that he has ever made.

I was informed by the prosecuting attorney a while back that at the criminal trial (next week)that I would have to speak on the behalf of our family. I wasn't sure why so, I asked what I would have to speak about. She told me that I would have to answer this question...... How has Aaron's death affected you and your family? In the middle of the lesson that I was studying the same exact question was presented to answer. It said ...How has the death of a loved one affected you? Wow, where do you begin and where does it end? I really have no idea! I could go on and on with answering this question. This will be a very very difficult day for me and our family in more ways than one.

Always looking up ~ Chrisina~

2 comments:

RC said...

Christina,

Your blog couldn't have come at a better time. As you know June 19th has significance in more than one way. Your birthday; the trial that's coming up; and June 19th, 2004 was the day my dad died in a horrible car accident (the day before Father's Day).

I don't think the loss still registers to me as strong as it did for the first couple of years after it happened, but it definitely does bring back strong emotions and feelings of loss.

When he died, there were people who didn't understand how we were able to get through it without falling apart. I know you understand how it's possible. You wrote "The only difference is that we know that our saved loved one is in a far better place and that one sweet day we will see them again in Heaven." That is some consolation, but the pain of loss is still strong. Since I am a grown man, and wasn't still dependant on my Dad, maybe the loss doesn't regester as strong on a daily basis. But when I see my Mother all alone, and know how much she misses him, it brings it all back to light.

I've told you before that I can't imagine all that you go through while dealing with Aaron's loss. I do have an idea, but only you and the kids feel the loss daily!

The trial that is coming up will be emotionally draining for you to get through. You, however, are a very strong person. I've watched you deal with your loss, and I've seen how you've been able to use your loss to reach so many people through your blog and through your witness. I hope you know that I'll be praying for you as the day approaches. I'm always here if you need to talk.

Later,
Richard

CM said...

I know the Lord will give you the words to say, as He has so many times before!

God bless you and continue to be with you and your awesome children.....love ya!

CM